25 February 2009

Fun with Artdolls


Last Sunday, my friend and fellow dollmaker Kathy Davis threw herself a birthday party! She put about 30 creative women in a room with fabric, charms, beads, and all manner of bits'n'bobs, fed us a yummy lunch, and turned us loose with scissors, glue and thread. Wondrous dolls were created, and a good time was had by all...

These two lovelies are the fruit of my efforts -- a doll to remind me to Believe in my self and my art, and a fun li'l gal to wear about and keep me company.

These may be potato chip dolls...! =-)

4 comments:

Pattee said...

How fun Dawn....
I wish I could have been up there in Kathy's studio, I remember it fondly.
Wonderful keepsakes you made. I esp. Like the blue one.

LOL potato chip dolls~

Sue said...

What a fun and creative way to celebrate a birthday! And even better, look at the 'party
favours' you get to take home! Brill!

Kathleen said...

Sounds like my kind of birthday party! I love your 2 new dolls!!

Jaime Lyerly said...

Celebrating a birthday with the birth of new dolls. Sounds great. They are very cute.