03 April 2008

Finally, a BJD...




This is what I've been doing for the last week, rather than things I'm supposed to be doing...=-D




I have intended to make one of the ball-jointed dolls (BJD) for several years now, and finally sat down and made one!

All Jonna's parts are hand-sculpted -- he is hollow, and strung together with elastic, so he is completely posable. Now the poor li'l fae needs some clothes!

I'm very pleased with the result, and will be doing more in future....I think the next one will be a Faeda...

6 comments:

Judi W. said...

This is fabulous! You can get much more expression in the body and not worry about things breaking! Nice!

Linda said...

This is totally awesome! I have no idea how you made something like this but it is fantastic!

Dawn Alice Rogers said...

He is superb! Love him!

Coppermouse Dolls said...

Excellent work!

Are you gonna post pics of the latest class you just took? I wanna see more of your latest creation. :)

Sharon-NZ said...

Now that is just so clever, I always wanted one of these dolls but they are out of my price range. You did an awesome job

Griselda said...

You just "sat down and made one"...my goodness...that is short a miracle to me!
Wonderful work.